We take the protection of your personal information seriously. Personal information includes any information or opinion, whether true or not, about a person who is identified or whose identity can reasonably be established.
OnCore Nutrition collects personal information for the purposes of delivering products and Services. We may collect personal information verbally and in writing during consultations, over the phone, email, our website (www.oncorenutrition.com, store.oncorenutrition.com), online client forms, social media and over the internet. Our main purpose for collecting, using, holding and sharing your personal information is to manage your health. We also use it for business activities, such as financial claims and payments, practice audits and accreditation, and business processes (e.g. staff training).
We collect personal:
- From clients when they register an enquiry, request an appointment, purchase or download a nutrition guide or product or otherwise in the course of providing our Services at any other time.
- When we receive enquiries through our website or when the website is otherwise accessed or utilised.
- Face-to-face at our clinic locations
- We may also collect your personal information when you visit our website, send us an email or SMS, telephone us, make an online appointment or communicate with us using social media or event platforms.
- From third party service providers when they are engaged to supply services to us, handle referrals, provide information to us or invoice us for services provided. This may include but is not limited to: your guardian or responsible person; other involved healthcare providers, such as specialists, allied health professionals, hospitals, community health services and pathology and diagnostic imaging services; your health fund, Medicare, or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
OnCore Nutrition Pty Ltd may collect the following personal information verbally and in writing during consultations, over the phone, email and over the internet:
- Your name
- Date of birth
- Demographic information including date of birth, sex
- Contact details including address, email address, contact number
- Health related information including but not limited to: weight, height, referring health professionals, healthcare providers, medical history, medical results and tests, medication use, allergies, adverse events, immunisations, social history, family history and risk factors
- Billing, Medicare and health insurance information
- Health information about you from our other health care providers
- Other information relevant to your consultation
You have the right to deal with us anonymously or under a pseudonym unless it is impracticable for us to do so or unless we are required or authorised by law to only deal with identified individuals. If you do not provide us with all the information we request, we may not be able to deliver our Services.
Some personal information we collect may include health information. We collect health information from clients for the purposes of providing dietary advice and information. This enables us to safely, accurately and appropriately assess the needs of our clients and provide our Services.
Some of this information is of a personal nature and be regarded as ‘sensitive’ (as defined under the Privacy Act). We value the importance of safeguarding this information and treat it with the utmost security and confidentiality. We will ensure that it is not collected for any purposes, other than those for which we have obtained the individual’s consent, unless the law requires otherwise, or other exceptional circumstances prevail as described under the Privacy Act.
Where an individual chooses not to provide requested information, we will advise of any consequences this non-disclosure may have. For example, withholding certain information may limit our ability to provide collaborative care with other members of the health care team.
Consent and Authorisation
We may use any personal information collected (excluding health information) to provide our Services, operate the Website, send you our newsletter, respond to feedback and complaints, communicate with third party service providers, develop new Services, or if needed to enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use with you. If you are a third-party service provider, we will use your personal information to email you to accept your offer to provide Services, correspond with you in relation to the provision of Services and to pay your invoices.
In all cases, unless you have opted out, you consent to us using your personal information (excluding health information) for direct marketing purposes in order to tell you about our Services. We may contact you by mail, telephone, email or SMS to market our products and Services. We will always give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving any future direct marketing correspondence.
Access and Sharing
We sometimes share your personal information:
- with third parties who work with our practice for business purposes, such as accreditation agencies or information technology providers – these third parties are required to comply with this policy
- with other healthcare providers
- when it is required or authorised by law (eg court subpoenas)
- when it is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious threat to a patient’s life, health or safety or public health or safety, or it is impractical to obtain the patient’s consent
- to assist in locating a missing person
- to establish, exercise or defend an equitable claim
- for the purpose of confidential dispute resolution process
- when there is a statutory requirement to share certain personal information (eg some diseases require mandatory notification)
- during the course of providing medical services, through eTP, My Health Record (eg via Shared Health Summary, Event Summary).
Only people who need to access your information will be able to do so. Other than in the course of providing medical services or as otherwise described in this policy, our practice will not share personal information with any third party without your consent.
We will not share your personal information with anyone outside Australia (unless under exceptional circumstances that are permitted by law) without your consent.
Our practice will not use your personal information for marketing any of our goods or services directly to you without your express consent. If you do consent, you may opt out of direct marketing at any time by notifying our practice in writing.
Our practice may use your personal information to improve the quality of the services we offer to our patients through research and analysis of our patient data.
We may provide data and information to Platinum Physio in order to effectively provide our Services. For information on please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may provide de-identified data to other organisations to improve population health outcomes. The information is secure, patients cannot be identified and the information is stored within Australia. You can let our reception staff know if you do not want your information included.
Your personal information may be stored at our practice in various forms including electronic records. Our practice stores all personal information securely with password protected software and programs. All staff agree to adhere to confidentiality agreements as a condition of employment.
We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we collect and hold from misuse, loss and interference and from unauthorised access and modification, and to make sure it is accurate, complete and up-to-date when we collect, use or disclose it.
You have the right to request access to, and correction of, your personal information (subject to any applicable legal exceptions). Our practice acknowledges patients may request access to their medical records. We require you to put this request in writing to email@example.com and our practice will respond within 30 days. A minor fee may be incurred for delivery of this information.
Our practice will take reasonable steps to correct your personal information where the information is not accurate or up to date. To assist us, please ensure you provide us with your correct details, and let us know if you believe the information we have about you is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date or misleading. From time to time, we will ask you to verify that your personal information held by our practice is correct and current. You may also request that we correct or update your information, and you should make such requests in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take complaints and concerns regarding privacy seriously. Please let us know if you have any concerns or complaints about the way we are handling your personal information so we can address them. Requests should be submitted by email to email@example.com. Where our records are found to be inaccurate, we will promptly rectify any inaccuracies on the basis of the further information you provide.
Website and Cookies
You can modify your browser to prevent cookie use – but if you do this our service (and our Website) may not work properly. The information stored in the cookie is used to identify you. This enables us to operate an efficient service and to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our Website or social media platforms.
If there is a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganisation or liquidation of OnCore Nutrition then, in our sole discretion, we may transfer, sell or assign personal information collected to one or more relevant third parties.
Reach Out To Us
Please enquire via the form below. Appointments can be made at any of our locations either online or by phoning Platinum Physio on (03) 8554 0111.