- 6 tbsp chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 1/2 medium sweet potato (peeled)
- 1 spring onion
- Small bunch of parsley
- 1 regular potato or extra sweet potato
- 1 regular carrot
- 1tbsp of extra virgin olive oil for cooking
Tomato Salsa (optional)
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp of sushi seasoning (can substitute with vinegar and add until preferred taste)
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of oregano
- Grate peeled potato, sweet potato and carrot.
- Chop parsley and spring onion and combine with vegetables.
- Combine chickpea flour and water together until a smooth paste forms.
- Add crushed garlic to the paste and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the chickpea flour mixture and vegetables together until well combined.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil on hot frying pan
- Spoon mixture into a hot frying pan and cook and let it cook until golden brown and crispy on both sides.
- Meanwhile, chop tomato and avocado and combine together. Season with olive oil, sushi seasoning, salt and oregano.
- Combine all together on a plate. Optional toppings for an extra protein boost – add a poached egg.