- Preheat oven to 200C or 180C Fan Forced and lightly grease or line a baking tray.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Using your fingertips, rub the butter into the flour, baking powder & salt mixture.
- Stir 225g of the cheese into the flour mixture.
- Gradually stir in enough yoghurt to the dry ingredients to start forming a soft but not wet dough.
- Briefly and lightly knead the dough on a floured surface to bring together. Roll out to approximately 2-3 cm thickness. Cut out scones – ideally into cute shapes like these ones – re-rolling the scraps to make more. Place the cut out scones on the greased baking tray.
- Brush a little yoghurt or milk over the tops of the scones then sprinkle with the remaining 25g of grated cheese.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and bake until risen and golden (13 – 18 min).
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool a little. Serve slightly warm, split and spread with butter. Tip: pulling the scone apart rather than cutting will keep the interior fluffy.
- If not using straight away, cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Use within 2 days or freeze. Reheat in a microwave or low oven.
A huge thank you to our wonderful client for sharing this delish recipe which has been adapted from https://moorlandseater.com/very-cheesy-cheese-scones/